Thursday, May 3, 2012

On the mend


Last night was much better for Kendall and for us.  She was only up about 4 times.  She has also been more comfortable today.  At times I can even see her personality coming back out.  I'm still working on increasing her feeds during the day.  I'm stumped as to why she is still throwing them up.

We go back down to Cincinnati on Monday to have her stitches removed.  I haven't quite figured out how much I'm going to tell her neurosurgeon.  He will see her without her brace on during the appointment.  I haven't decided if I'm going to tell him that the brace has become something we put on the couch to keep the dog off or if I'm going to make it sound like she wears it all the time.  I have a few days to decide.

Today Kendall and I needed a shopping trip so we went shoe shopping.  She has been blessed with ridiculously small feet and it is impossible to find sandals that fit her.  Other than that, we have been trying to stay home as much as possible.  If she won't wear her brace, then I'm going to keep her laying flat as long as I can.  I'm sure it doesn't help that she is rolling and twisting all over the floor.  Forcing a toddler to keep her spine straight is just about impossible.

Thank you everyone for your prayers.  I think we may have figured out the dose of medication that is needed.  I think Kendall's surgery took some pressure off of nerves that went to her left leg.  This could be causing all kinds of new sensations, good and bad, in her left leg.  I have noticed that she is a little less sensitive to touch when I play with her foot.  

Shut the front door!!! As I'm typing this, my little squirt just rolled onto her stomach and pushed herself up with her arms.  Here I am talking about keeping her spine straight and she had to go and show me!  We have been working for over a year in therapy at pushing up an she's never been strong enough.  She just pushed up and held it for about 5 seconds and smiled at me then went back down.  Never a dull moment.

Love,
Steph

PS.  I've been working on getting her hair in pig tails for awhile.  Today was the day.  She is in the middle of flipping a wipe around, hence the funny face and white streak in the pic.


2 comments: